Friday, October 06, 2006

vFlyer: the swiss-knife for selling online

Selling online is an art. Some people are eBay fanatics, some like Amazon Marketplace, others prefer Google Base, while still others want to be on craigslist. Regardless of your choice of the store you want to use, it is common sense that cross-posting your goods to multiple stores increases the success rate for the sell. With this in mind, I bring you vFlyer, an online tool you can use to easily post your classified at more than one store.

vFlyer allows you to create a professional-looking classified ad and post it to multiple classified sites such as Google Base, eBay, Amazon, and more. You are provided more than 30 pre-defined categories to select for your ad. You can also get an HTML version of your ad that you can put on your own site or download the PDF version to print and post across bulletin boards in the physical world. Creating your ad is FREE and easy.

It only took me a couple of minutes to create an ad for a TV. The site gave me a number of fields to fill out for the TV - the title and description as well as the manufacturer, model number, screen size, color, weight, and quantity (if you have multiple items). I could also specify my asking price and whether it was firm or a negotiable as well as the forms of payment I am willing to accept (such as cash, check, credit cards, PayPal, etc.). I filled out my contact information, selected the template for the look-and-feel, added a photo and I was done. Quick, painless, and simple. I was also provided the option to add links to other sites. I see this useful if you would like to link to manufacturer's site where your buyers can see more details about the features of your item. You could also use this to link to other online merchants where they can compare the price of a new item to the price you ask. The default expiry time is 30 days from the date of post, but you can change this to another date or remove the date completely to prevent it from automatically expiring. You can preview your ad before submitting to the stores, or you can choose to save your work as a draft.

vflyer

vFlyer

Tags: ,

No comments: